View Single Post
Old 12.12.2008, 01:30 PM   #39
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
As far as being let to do what I want, it counts. But as far as music acquisitions our MDs just suck. I've tried to address it, but the student manager gets all defensive about how the student MDs are doing all they can. Which is frankly BS, having been an MD at KAOS, I know the job is incredibly easy and fun if you happen to like a broad variety of music. So I just bring my own stuff 90% and since I have good personal relations with Beta-lactam ring, ROIR, and a few other great labels, they end up getting disproportional representation on my show. Which is o.k. since tons of great stuff comes out on those labels, but I simply can't afford to buy much music these days.

Some college radio stations will just play stuff from a band's myspace, purevolume, etc., so you can pretty much request anything you want and they can get it. Do you have that option?
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|