View Single Post
Old 12.12.2008, 09:10 AM   #38
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
I was just thinking the same thing about my local station, and then it hit me that I've heard almost a half of that list thanks to said station. Dead-Air you are probably one of the elder-statesmen at your station, that should count for something,don't ya think?

As far as being let to do what I want, it counts. But as far as music acquisitions our MDs just suck. I've tried to address it, but the student manager gets all defensive about how the student MDs are doing all they can. Which is frankly BS, having been an MD at KAOS, I know the job is incredibly easy and fun if you happen to like a broad variety of music. So I just bring my own stuff 90% and since I have good personal relations with Beta-lactam ring, ROIR, and a few other great labels, they end up getting disproportional representation on my show. Which is o.k. since tons of great stuff comes out on those labels, but I simply can't afford to buy much music these days.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|