View Single Post
Old 11.23.2008, 08:28 PM   #20388
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
I used to listen to that song on repeat. In fact, I'll probably start listening to it on repeat again now you've mentioned it and it's snowing outside.

I bought a Cocteau Twins album (the one with Sugar Hiccup on) and it wasn't my thing at all, like 80's doomy keyboards, overdriven basslines, gothic clichés. Does anyone know if they ever did an album just with minimal, glacial stuff like Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on it?

Based upon what you say above, you probably would really like Victorialand, which is one of my two favorites. The other favorite is Treasure, which does have a lot of the characteristics you mention above, but somehow pulls it together flawlessly in the strength of Elizabeth Fraser's vocals and the catchiness of the songs. Victorialand has way fewer beats and way more minimal spaciness. Great LSD album, or at least it was in 1986 when I discovered so...

"Sugar Hiccup" is my least favorite Cocteau Twins song, at least up until the major label stuff, and that completely embarrassing "Frosty the Snowman" cover.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|