View Single Post
Old 10.13.2008, 07:59 PM   #23
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
why the fuck is no one making lists?

For all of the reasons we have all stated in various posts. Some feel your list is essentially theirs give or take a few bands. Others of us listen to stuff where metal is one side of a two or three-sided coin. I do think of the Melvins, Earth, and Thrones, and yes the Luttenbachers, as metal as well as extreme, but they clearly don't fit your definition, which is cool, but there it is. I don't think of them as just those things, but those things nonetheless.

It's not that I don't listen to more straight up metal, I love Motorhead and Sepultura (though my fave Sepultura is usually the weird experimental/world music crossover stuff, I can't help loving experimental shit, it's who I am) but they come off as pretty classic traditional next to the black/death stuff you list. When I want something more extreme, it just usually goes in the direction of bringing in other influences, like say how Waldteufel does, rather than getting thrashier and more satanic.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|