View Single Post
Old 10.12.2008, 03:17 PM   #1
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Yay, more lists!

I love Extreme Metal, as if you havn't noticed. The best Metal bands to me have a way of being incredibly heavy, yet still very musical and innovative at the same time.

To narrow the focus, "extreme" is Death, Black, and (some) Thrash metal and Grindcore. Also, if you want to include Doom and Sludge records, just make sure they qualify as extreme. Obviously this is where it will get tricky, as my definition of extreme could be completley different than yours. But, don't include something like "Master of Puppets", as wonderful and heavy as it is, it is far from Extreme Metal. In my opinion, the first Extreme Metal albums are Venom's "Black Metal" and Slayer's early albums. So things in that vein.

Note; I am omitting Metallica albums for this thread for two reasons. One is because I don't consider them Extreme Metal, though certainly one of the key influences on Extreme Metal. Two is the fact that if I was to include them, I would have to include thier first three records all of which I love unequivocally. Therefore, I wouldn't have as much room for the other many Metal records that have been damaging my ears all these years.

Here Goes:
1. Darkthrone-Transylvanian Hunger
2. Deicide-Legion
3. Napalm Death-Scum
4. Hellhammer-Demon Entrails
5. At The Gates-Slaughter of the Soul
6. Eyehategod-Dopesick
7. Death-Scream Bloody Gore
8. Terrorizer-Terrorizer
9. Gorgoroth-Pentagram
10. Mayhem-De Mysterriis Dom Santhanas
11. Beherit-Drawing Down the Moon