View Single Post
Old 09.26.2008, 06:57 PM   #47
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
I doubt it will happen, but wouldn't it be cool if McCain showed up tonight and used the debate as an opportunity to shed some light on how wrong this bailout is. How many voters would McCain gain if he singled out President Bush and talked about how horrible this plan is. Then drag some of the CEO names across the carpet......Obamma would just be standing there with his mouth wide open.

It's funny, when I take one of the political compass things, I always come up to the left of Gandhi, and yet I don't think the bailout is something that can possibly be avoided.

Certainly, I'd like to see the CEOs booted penniless and possibly prosecuted in many cases, but letting the companies go under would create a domino effect that would plunge the whole world into a 1930s level depression.

Is anybody on here ready to start growing vegetables in their yard and shooting the occasional possum to feed their family? Last I heard, everybody was pretty into collecting records and going to concerts. Guess what, those things are fed by Capitalism, and we're not going to get out easy if it all goes down.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|