View Single Post
Old 09.24.2008, 09:14 PM   #18
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Haha glad you guys like me.

And ha yeah that's a trombone in Robe. My friend Booe plays it, he also plays in Scissor Shock. I play occassional saxaphone... Robe. is pretty fun because the band is constantly falling apart, constantly in disarray, every live show we've played has been met with equipment falling apart, tires blowing out, us being pissed at each other, etc. I think only one show went through okay and it was terrible. Robe. is weird, there's seriously a lot of tension in that band, and I've wanted to end it many times. The stuff I want to do with it is often at odds with the other members, since I write all the songs usually (except for a few albums that I'd rather not talk about that I had no involvement in....................), I want to do kind of an "avant classical" sound with Robe... but the other members just kind of want to get noisey and crazy... I dunno, I just get tired of doing the same shit on every album...

Glad you all liked RUINHORSE, that was when I was 14 though! Hahaha. Not really interested in doing stuff like that anymore. It's very very very simple, I can do songs like that in my sleep without any effort, and I guess I just wanted to get away from that simplicity. I had about 10 other bands before, after,and around that time that were similiar and had some stuff you guys would like, but I dunno. I never felt like putting them up on myspace or anything so fuck it... maybe one day.

Scissor Shock...... I'm trying to do something different on every album, so I'm going to make some records people love and records people hate. I have yet to make the same record twice, and I'm proud of that, because it's actually pretty difficult to constantly reinvent yourself. The new stuff I'm working on sounds like uhh... some twisted version of Caroliner with trumpet and trombone and saxaphone and xylaphones and a couple of home made stringed instruments.. it's like Caroliner meets Harry Partch. Very weird stuff.

I also have a pretty staightforward grindcore band kind of in a Pig Destroyer/Agoraphobic Nosebleed style called Christ the Band that no one on here's ever heard outside of a few people around town. The CD is a long time coming but I'm going down the "100 songs on the album" route, each one not being longer than like 40 seconds.

Also, I recently started a new surf band called The Death Powders, it's going to be really dark doomy death surf stuff.. I want it to be the darkest surf band in existence... so hopefully something good will come out of that and I can let you guys hear it soon.

Thanks again.

Back on topic:

GREG ROCKS!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|