View Single Post
Old 09.18.2008, 10:30 PM   #53
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
van morrison-astral weeks, veedon fleece, moondance

van the man is the soundtrack to my teenage depressed days. when i was 17 i got super depressed (like most teenagers) and seriously hated everything and wanted to swallow a fith of bourbon and jump off a brigge. every day after id get back from hanging with my friends and listening to punk, metal, and extreme/experimental stuff id totally let my guard down and put on van, drink alone, and sometimes, cry. of course now i do this when i just listen to him happily (brings back memories).

That's interesting because I was going through a period of quite bad depression around the same time that you mention and would listen to Veedon Fleece a hell of a lot. I never really thought about it as a sad album, but I did become quite obsessed with it. 'Linden Arden Stole the Highlights' is still one of my favourite songs of all times.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|