View Single Post
Old 09.01.2008, 04:37 PM   #1
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
I don't like burned CDs. I have no problems with downloading and listening albums as MP3s. I have a lot of them on my computer, and I always end up buying them one day or the other. But I don't like burning my downloaded albums on CD-Rs, even if they're out of print or whatever. I can't really explain why - I just feel strange about it. And I know that I won't ever listen to a burned CD - whereas I often listen to MP3 albums.

I think that's because the MP3 is totally decontextualised from the whole packaging: that's just a MP3 folder - even if it has the cover art on it. With the burned CD, you have an object - but I feel like it's not the real thing. I prefer having the whole packaging when I have an object.

Do you get my point? Do you feel the same about burned CDs (or asked differently: am I a psychomaniac)? Or more generally, what is your relation to packaging?
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|