View Single Post
Old 08.15.2008, 03:32 AM   #1254
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, i just moved out of gainesville. Honestly, Gainesville, St. Augustine, maaaaybe Jacksonville if it was the right part, and like 5 blocks in Orlando are the only places in florida worth living in.

I am not taking away from Waters, I just dont like the wall. I will say that listening to it on vinyl changed my opinion. The album is already an extremely cold record, and when you put it in digital format it loses any sense of warmth and sounds empty. But on vinyl, it is much better. I mean of course, just about everything sounds better through a stylus, but The Wall is one of those albums that it makes a drastic difference...in my opinion at least. I'm right with you though, Meddle, Obscured By Clouds, Ummagumma, great albums. But I personally enjoy listening to Piper At the Gates of Dawn and Saucerful of Secrets.

Its for the same reason I prefer listening to sonic youth over pavement. Pavement is catchier, and im not always in the mood for something i can sing along with. I want to hear music made for musicians, by musicians. I want to hear musicians going above and beyond the norms of popular musical standards and really branch off.

By the way, this is the only music forum I belong to. While I love Pavement and pretty much everything Malkmus does, I dont think a pavement forum is where i would want to be.

I dont even know why I joined this forum though. Sonic youth fans are assholes.

Thanks for the welcome.

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|