View Single Post
Old 08.14.2008, 09:35 PM   #1253
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
Thanks for the welcome!

But I moved to south florida a couple weeks before joining the forum, so the welcome is a little late.

Or were you referring to the forum? Because the people here are much more preferrable than the south floridians. I would rather be surrounded by rednecks. At least they are fun to fuck with. Plus rednecks know how to have a clean fight. You get in a scrap down here, chances are you're gonna get shot or stabbed. Fuuuuuck that.

Me and Jade live in central Florida and uhler used to live here too. Sucks to live in the south, no? But we have the luxuries of adding obnoxious Puerto Ricans to our mix of awkward social tension!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars_willkillyou
oh, and i read on the previous pages people bashing the division bell...

You should listen to it more. In my opinion, The Wall is the worst album Floyd ever made. Its great...but its shallow and pedantic. The Division Bell is just different. You can't listen to a band that has been around for over 25 years and expect them to similar enough for comparison. Thats why I dont compare Sonic Nurse to Confusion is Sex. Like people, bands grow. I like all of the eras of pink floyd. I think that is why they are my favorite band. Because they change with every album, and every album is amazing...or to me at least it is. Personally, I love Syd Barret's work the most.

I dont think that its the "true" floyd. If there is a "true" floyd, it would be gilmour/waters. Obscured by clouds, meddle, dark side, atom heart mother. thats what pink floyd is.

I've tried listening to the Division Bell but I just can't get past how much it sucks. Also, fuck the Wall. I'm into Meddle, DSOTM, WYWH, and Obscured by Clouds. As much as I hate the fucker, Waters really helped bring Floyd back down to earth. Could you imagine early Floyd without Waters? How about DSOTM Floyd? Yeah, now think about that again, 10 years later. Euuuuugh.

Either way, welcome to the board!
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|