View Single Post
Old 07.27.2008, 09:42 AM   #61
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
On a rock tip:

Haino's 4-hour set in Newcastle.
Mogwai, about 3 days before MYT was released
Melt Banana in... '99, maybe?
Urusei Yatsura '96 or '97 or so.
NNCK in... '03? And every time since.
Shuji Inaba, Newcastle '06.
... actually, pretty much the whole of Music Lovers' field companion that year.
Mis Teeq, Glastonbury '99.
Kenny Rogers 06 or 07.

The jazz band down the road from me (there's been so many amazing night in the last 4 years I've been watching them).

There's been loads of wonderful experiences with street musicians - I've said before, there's an amazing Kora player on the way into town, there's some wonderful percussionists, Samba bands, good-awful guitarists and the like around.
There was a particular Sunday where I was sat in a graveyard listening to a 3-hour peel on the best church bells I've ever heard...

And there's loads of classical shows I've seen, I won't bore you with them all, but Kaija Saariaho's piece at the proms and the sextet version of Schoenberg's Verklarte Nacht stand out as astonishing (as do the second movement of Beethoven's 7th and the whole of Messiaen's Quator pour le fin de temps that I've seen in the last fortnight).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|