Thread: REM
View Single Post
Old 07.19.2008, 06:37 PM   #14
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
"Wolves, Lower" is one of my favorite songs too, Rob.

The five (in order) R.E.M. albums every music lover should own:
Reckoning
Chronic Town ep
Lifes Rich Pageant
Fables of the Reconstruction
Murmur

Those five are all pretty equal in how great they are. Oh, and atsonicpark is a tosser.
I bought Fables first, then Murmur, then Reckoning, and then Lifes Rich Pageant came out...they were all haha cassettes...

It doesn't get much cooler than the When the Light is Mind dvd though. Some cool stuff was left out, but plenty of cool stuff is included to more than make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grete
uhm and what about Automatic for the people?
I love this album...from the beginning up to the end!
Along with Green, Automatic For The People is the only current WB-era one that I can strongly recommend. I don't have a whole lot of appreciation for Out of Time which has about three good songs. OoT was the first "alternative" mega-hit album in history, by the way. Nirvana's Nevermind would follow over half a year later. I thought I was going to be sick the first time I heard "Endgame," for instance. In short, R.E.M. broke through the college radio underground into the mainstream by LRP ('86) and then also conquered the mainstream first with OoT ('91). Although, I do have the studio boot from Out of Time, Time of Outtakes, so I must like it a little...and several live shows from the tour and the first Unplugged too which features several OoT songs.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|