View Single Post
Old 06.12.2008, 08:32 AM   #24
Semperet
little trouble girl

Semperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard suckaSemperet cold hard sucka
Saw them live about three weeks ago and musically the band were stronger than the Albert Hall album which I love. Lots of noisy meltdowns, couple of backing singers handling the gospel stuff and Jason with his huge shades, not moving a muscle more than was necessary to play the stuff. Great first twenty mins, quite dull middle and a last 40 mins which envied many gigs I've been to in quite some while. Stunning version of Take Your Time, lovely Think I'm In Love, Come Together, nice Let It Flow.
But they didn't do Cop Shoot Cop. Blues for me.
The new stuff (haven't heard the album) sounded like most of the older stuff but much more focused and tight, especially when compared to Amazing Grace. There were people in the audience crying during Lord Can You Hear Me?
I didn't think it was that bad.
I'll get the album when it's cheaper. What can he do, as Yeats asked, but enumerate old themes?
Semperet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|