View Single Post
Old 04.30.2008, 03:56 PM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Eazy-E's status as a controversial figure took an unusual turn when he accepted an invitation to a lunch benefitting the Republican Senatorial Inner Circle hosted by President George Bush in March of 1991, a little less than a year after conservatives had deemed his music obscene in Florida. Since his presence among the right-wing politicians struck the media as somewhat absurd, the event was reported across the country over the next 24 hours.
Not surprisingly, Eazy-E found it necessary to explain in a brief television interview that his invitation was the result of a $2,500 campaign contribution, which he had made to a Republican politician who stood against censorship. Although this made the point that freedom of speech debates cut through party lines, the rapper's appearance among the Republican powers still left many of his fans ill at ease, since Bush's economic policies generally were not seen to be promoting the welfare of inner-city African-Americans. When Eazy-E spoke with Light about the incident that year, he denied any allegiance to the G.O.P. "How the f-- can I be a Republican when I got a song called 'F-- tha Police'?" he asked. "I ain't shit--ain't a Republican or Democrat. I didn't even vote. My vote ain't going to help! I don't give a f-- who's the president."

well, there used to be pictures of this event on the internet, but after twenty minutes I could not find them. Regardless what you know about Eazy E, the only motherfucker to rock a Compton hat and jerry curl at a lunch in the white house with President Bush and a meeting of conservative Republican senators! take that America! Fuck the establishment! No suit, no tie, no bullshit. In the picture of him with president Bush, he looks exactly like he does above.

Here are some pictures of Eazy's softer side....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|