View Single Post
Old 03.23.2008, 08:57 AM   #59
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
PAULYBEE already mentioned TV Personalities' Part Time Punks (they'd like to buy the O Level's single [...] but they buy the Lurkers instead [...] but they always got 2.50, to go and see the Clash - tonight).

TVP titled one great album They Could Have Been Bigger than the Beatles.
TVP songs :
Posing at the Roundhouse (I flirted with the idea of creating a t-shirt for the DDN stop there, with some reshuffling of the lyrics, but found it was too much trouble and time) - they mention Billy (Idol).
I Know Where Syd Barrett Lives
Where's Bill Grundy Now? - reference to the Sex Pistols on television.
Sad Mona Lisa - "She likes to go shopping on saturdays, especially to Kensington Market, for acid house records her mother hates, and posters of Morten Harket" (A-Ha singer)
Salvador Dali's Garden Party - lyrics would change if they played live, on the studio version Debbie Harry was there, live Jesus & the Mary Chain were there, Iggy Pop was there, TV Personalities were there and so on.
Evan Doesn't Ring Me Anymore - Evan being Evan Dando.
Goodnight Mr Spaceman - "Oh, the train's gone past my station, oh bloody hell, I wish I'd signed to Creation [...] I've taken three e's but I still can't dance like Bobby Gillespie"

Gainsbourg wrote Beau oui comme Bowie for Isabelle Adjani.

Thee Headcoats - I Hate the Fucking NME (David Bowie, Jarvis Cocker, Sting, Paul Weller, Beck, Rocket From the Crypt, the Clash, Boyzone, Spice Girls, even me in the NME...)

Jonathan Richman recorded a song called Velvet Underground about the group, on a jolly nice record called I, Jonathan.

The Launderettes, from Oslo - WWJJD, What Would Joan Jett Do?
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|