View Single Post
Old 03.20.2008, 12:27 PM   #1
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

SECRET CHIEFS 3, "BOOK OF HORIZONS"
2004, Web of Mimicry

I usually don't do this, but I felt like posting two of these today. Mainly because I'm really excited that this band has a new album coming soon but also because I truely feel that this is the greatest band currently making music today with the absolute best and most underrated guitarist around, Trey Spruance. But anyway...

This is a very recent album but when it came out, wow.. Secret Chiefs 3 have always been consistently producing incredible music, but this totally blew everyone away who actually cared about good music. Songs that range from something Ennio Morricone might write to haunted-house organ music to death metal to Middle Eastern music and played with the most topnotch technical skill imaginable. It's hard to even describe this stuff, it's just too good. Unbelievably ear-pleasing and beautiful. I can't really write a good review for it, as Mark Prindle really has a great review for it already posted: http://www.markprindle.com/secretchiefs.htm#horizons (complete with a gushing reader comment by yours truely...)... Just do me a favor, if you never listen to any of my reccomendations, listen to this one. You could very well be missing out on the best band around today.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|