Thread: ISIS...
View Single Post
Old 03.11.2008, 09:32 PM   #7
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
oceanic is one of my favorite albums by isis, from ipecac, from 2002, from the decade and from all fucking times.

it's perfect and i have never gone tired of listening to it; i bought it without really knowing what to expect, just heard the name tossed around but not a note and fuck wasn't it amazing. "the beginning and the end" is also probably my favorite opening song of any album, just fucking amazing.

i love neurosis and all but they don't have such a perfect album as oceanic (they have extraordinairly great albums mostly); i don't really love mogwai but they haven't written a song as great as any of the ones in oceanic, same with tortoise; the closest an album i think has the same amount of genius and cohesiveness is spiderland or lifet yr skinny fists like antenna to heaven. isis should do a symphony.

and i though panopticon wasn't all that and though in the absense of truth was a return to form, yet still no oceanic.

u heard the oceanic remix album? its awesome.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|