View Single Post
Old 03.10.2008, 11:59 PM   #7
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriff Rhys Chatham
I'm looking into getting a new amp and I want something loud because the band I'm in now plays quite loud, so I'm looking for something that can get loud without being maxed out.

I was looking at a Marshall halfstack for 440 bucks used, but the head is 100watts and the cab is 120watts. I was just wondering how loud is this really? I've played through a marshall before but I'm not sure what the wattage was so I don't have much to refer too.

for that price I recommend:

ValveKing(R) 212 Combo
Item # 00575650
MSRP: $799.99

Peavey ValveKing(R) amps feature a patented, variable Class A-A/B control called Texture(TM), which allows sweepable selection between Class A and Class A/B power structures, as well as any combination of the two. With this feature, guitarists can coax virtually any tone from this tweaked-out amplifier. The amp's preamp and power sections use 12AX7 and 6L6GC tubes, respectively, and drive specially voiced 12" ValveKing(R) loudspeakers (112 and 212 versions only). Additional standard features include two footswitchable channels with independent, three-band EQ and volume, plus a footswitchable gain/volume boost on the lead channel to provide extra volume for solos. ValveKing(R) amps also feature global resonance, presence and reverb controls, a buffered effects loop and dual speaker jacks in parallel (head and 212 only).

Features
  • 100 watts (rms) into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)
  • Four 6L6GC and three 12AX7 tubes
  • Two independent footswitchable channels
  • Separate EQ for each channel
  • Footswitchable gain/volume boost on lead channel
  • Dual paralleled speaker jacks
  • Two 12 inch ValveKing(R) speakers
  • Reverb with level control
  • Buffered effects loop
  • Resonance and presence controls

louder then shit, and it usually sells for around 450.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|