Thread: The Horrors
View Single Post
Old 03.10.2008, 10:19 PM   #16
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I've noticed that everyone whose said this criticism is far too young to have ever seen the Birthday Party - I'm wondering if anyone on this board has? Florya and SonicL are the most likely candidates - were they any good? And were they criticised for being Goth-Stooges-lite?

there are videos, there are photos and of course there are records. you don't need to look into things too close to see the similarities in sound and look.

one thing is an accepted notion or generalization (like the goth stooges lite which obviously is just lazy journalism, i hear a mixture of the stooges, the cramps and bauhaus with the b party) and another a personal appreciation, having seen them and listening to them, i can say they are choreographing their stuff from nick and the boys.

there's a difference between being influenced by (see oxbow and daughters' hell songs) and another to be an unimaginative, derivative and unoriginal ripoff (the horrors).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
There's an awesome cover of Funhouse by the Birthday Party. It's not an exact science, it was just a name out of a hat. Figurative, not explicative.

they also covered "loose".
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|