View Single Post
Old 03.10.2008, 08:57 PM   #6
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
tube amps are always going to be louder than solid state. I've used Marshall JCM 900s a couple of times and have never had a problem being heard. The guy I'm playing with now plays a JCM 800 and doesn't have much of a problem either. Stay away from Marshall solid state amps; I think they sound like shit, but at the same time, I've heard them used effectively.

When my friend bought his JCM 900, he was very disappointed in the way it sounded. We eventually attributed the lack of heavy to his Fender Strat, so if you're looking for more crunch and/or beefy volume, make sure your guitar has some humbuckers on it.

As always, it always depends on what you're trying to do, so try things out and don't be too spontaneous with your purchase. Most of my experience has been playing with hardcore bands, so if you're playing hardcore, a JCM 900 with some humbuckers should rage sufficiently.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|