View Single Post
Old 03.10.2008, 04:21 PM   #8
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Butcher
there's no way the record will die in the near future; serious music fans and analog loyalists will continue to buy vinyl so the serious bands will still produce it.

i can't see mp3s replacing the cd either, possibly FLAC but right now people don't have the size of hard drive to accommodate it.

well yeah, i can't see cd's being replaced, ever. they're an absolute essential to almost everyones lives... but after all, thats what they thought about vinyl as well.... i think there's quite a long time before cd's are replaced.

i think later on, most musicians will have to go digital simply because of budget, have you seen how much Steve Albini's studio time costs? and that excludes the engineer, the tapes and all that jazz...

i can't really see how people can prefer digitalized music, it is more practical but then again there's nothing to hold or look at, like at a cd cover or case or a vinyl spinning....

whatever.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|