View Single Post
Old 03.24.2006, 07:41 PM   #81
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hip priest: see it's easy to take a pot shot at the 5th. wouldn't fly w/ the eroica however. or even the 9th as much as it's been used/abused/overused. and were you to attempt a similar criticism of the late quartets you'd fall flat on your face. the complexity of those pieces is something else. so if you say the 5th is overrated i might say "ok fine". saying beethoven is overrated however is really not applicable as some of his best music is little known or understood.

now about radio stations, it's the same phenomenon in the u.s.-- "mainstream" classical is all they offer. ZZZZZZZZZZZ. i don't care for that. but in that sense i think mozart would be more "overrated" since he's even got some candy balls named after him

about jazz: the jazz world is full of hacks and sellouts & popular wankers too. i was refuting your statement that "there are no jazz equivalents of the foo fighters" or something like that by offering the name of diana krall. i didn't get what you meant the 2nd time about the grunge/not-grunge etc.

"hm" - is "hmmm..." that's the sound of me thinking

ha

anyway i see you like janacek-- cool! i'll post there if i have time tonight-- gotta go to the animal collective show in a bit
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|