View Single Post
Old 02.14.2008, 12:05 AM   #91
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
O.k., this was a really weird story.

I was sitting in the Ribeye, which is a redneck independently owned Denny's type place in East Olympia, almost Lacey, that's actually a damn fine greasy spoon (way better than Denny's and all that corporate shit). And I was ready Wired and there was this article about the future of intellectual property laws where they asked several "celebrities" in the "field" what they thought. I was reading Negativland's answer and when I looked up, there was Mark at a table across from mine with a couple other dudes.

I HAD to show him that I happened to be reading about him at that very moment, and he introduces me to David AKA the Weatherman who he'd just brought in from the airport for a visit. So, yeah, I met him, but he was incredibly quiet (Mark's not he's got a major mouth), so I can't say I feel like I know him at all.

Still, it made the whole experience that much weirder that there were two members of Negativland when I was reading that about them, because that was virtually the only time anyone else from the band visited Mark the whole time he lived in Oly (aside from when they played the 2nd or 3rd Yo Yo a Go Go, and I hung out a bit with them then too, I was sitting having lunch with them in a Japanese restraunt downtown and Jean from Mecca Normal walked up to say hi to them and said to me, "Oh, are you in Negativland too? No, wait, you can't be, you're too relaxed.")

you know jenna, too!? damn you're my hero.

yeah, i work for denny's and they're more horrible to work for than to eat there.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|