View Single Post
Old 02.05.2008, 09:05 PM   #40
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
to me all refused albums are equally good. i used to love them a lot, but my love for them went down over the years.

i do agree that they weren't your typical metalcore band when they released the shape of punk to come. i don't know how you define metalcore, but when i started to listen to metalcore back in the 90's, the reason we (hardcore kids/people) called the more metal sounding bands metalcore was so people didn't confuse the bands as more punk sounding bands. yes refused were/are a hardcore band but they are also classified as a metalcore band. i'm not putting down the band calling them metalcore.

i guess you can say that refused were metalcore at a time when it wasn't so bad to call a band metalcore. just like rites of spring were emocore at a time when it wasn't so bad to call a band an emocore band.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|