Thread: Grunge!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01.29.2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
ok, let's talk about music again!!!

grunge sucks, it sucks, it's garbage, it's bullshit. that's if by grunge you mean nirvana and mudhoney and skin yard and and all that... "gee bro!!! let's rip off the stooges!!!" "fuck yeah bro!!!" out of all those bands, the only real artists were soundgarden*.

i rather listen to candlebox, sponge, collective soul, live, et al. to be honest with you, in fact, if by "grunge" you mean alternative radio rock of the 90's then i love grunge. as far as disposable, catchy music with ok riffs go, these guys were great songwriters and that's perhaps nirvana's greatest legacy and the one that goes unnoticed the most (see '*' below for more on nirvana).

*i said soundgarden were the true artists out of that scene, nirvana, were craftsmen, they dedicated themselves to the song, sometimes succeeding, sometimes not. of course, hüsker dü, replacements, dino jr, squirrel bait, etc. had already done that without mainstreaming their shit.

furthermore, soundgarden were the only band in that scene that always pushed for the music, whether they tried new things or tried to be accomplished in their respective instruments.

and melvins don't count, just look how fast they decided to split town to be a real band!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|