Thread: Hanatarash
View Single Post
Old 01.18.2008, 04:56 PM   #15
hat and bread
children of satan

hat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asseshat and bread kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
one of my favorite noise bands of all time.

i was going to point out that rrr had some of their stuff. harbinger sound recently released a collaboration between them and evil moisture, haven't heard it thought.

i thought aids-a-delic was pretty easy to find?

anyway, that eyeball guy is kinda bullshitting you, the band started as yamatsuka's one man harsh noise project called hanatarashi (the "i" at the end denotes singular) he would record from his house inspired by merzbow, hijokaidan, masonna, incapacitants, etc. eye couldn't go see these bands live as he lived in osaka. these recordings started circulating and he got asked to play shows, that's when he seeked out people to play with him and they became hanatarash.

Not to debate silly details, but I think Hijokaidan, Masonna and maybe Incapacitants were all from Osaka.
Jojo from Hijokaidan actually works in the Alchemy records store in Osaka, and Masonna (at one point in time at least) works in a vintage clothing shop nearby. You can go stalk them if you wish.

p.s. Not trying to dispute your knowledge, Mr. Neurotic, I just happen to know those things first hand.
hat and bread is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|