View Single Post
Old 01.15.2008, 08:27 AM   #21
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
I saw the film and was neither impressed or dissapointed by it. It was fair, ok, good a 7 out of 10. The musical references don't make sense but honestly I was into the stooges,velvets,deadboys,television,heartbrakers,n ew york dolls etc... a long time before I really ''found'' sonic youth. And one thing that bugs me is when people say something is ''contrived'' and apply it towards the arts/entertainment industry. Most things in that area are deliberately created to entertain and make money or else there would not be that industry. I understand that often, especially in the ''mainstream'' books,movies,music, etc.. can have an overt sense of artificiality, but then again they are fictional and based solely on events that did not happen.

I agree that Juno was a bit contrived, but so is almost anything else unless it is pure genius, a perfect album or movie or novel. And really who finds these at a regular enough rate to write home to?
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|