View Single Post
Old 01.15.2008, 12:56 AM   #68
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
norma, you just whizzed past my comment and went in with the general consensus of why fugazi sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
Ian didn't do any preaching at all when I saw the Evens. Alot of talking between songs about alot of different things, all their opinions, of course. After the gig when I was speaking with the man, he didn't try and preach then either, he was joking around the whole time having a fun time. This idea that the guys from Fugazi, Ian espeically, are militant guys who walk around frowning the whole time is a misconception and completely bogus.

a) you are talking about the evens b) ian seems like such a good guy, i mean, i have been disappointed about some comments i've read him say lately but he seems like a decent, honest fellow and c) i did never for once mentioned preaching or that they were militant about anything in my comment.

Quote:
If a band, any band, make comments about being straight edge (which Fugazi never did refer anything back to being 'straight edge') then that's their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. It's the same thing about bands that go on about getting drunk all the time, Motorhead being a prime example. I just finished White Line Fever and throughtout the whole book Lemmy is going on about drugs and booze, even making comments about people who don't choose that lifestyle. It's all just opinion, just drinking etc is considerred the 'norm' and is acceptable where is going against that, or merely doing exactly what you want to do as a person, is not as acceptible and is often seen as preaching. When really, there is no difference.

i never for once mentioned straight edge on my comment (well, i did to clarify that i felt strongly about minor threat's lyrics, but not about s.e.).

Quote:
I have nothing against the 'no slamdancing' thing. I'm at a gig to see and listen to a band. I'm not there to get thrown and punched around by some dickheads who are more into 'acting up' then anything. By 'acting up' I mean the people being violent and causing shit for the sake of being ignorant fools. Because Fugazi never claimed everyone in the crowd has to stand still with their arms by their sides, they are just against violence. Which is a good thing. Whenever I see a band enticing a crowd to start a circle pit, I roll my eyes and wonder why the fuck they want to do such an idiotic thing.

let me put you two examples to clarify my point.

example 1: you're at the movies and you want to get some popcorn or something at the snack bar, you're standing in line and there's a bunch of people ahead of you, yet everyone is patient. all of a sudden, some jerk cuts in to the front and demands he gets served; then, imagine if the manager there addressed this person as "sir, we appreciate your patronage, but we're afraid we can't allow you to behave like this; please, accept your money back and come back another day when you decide to behave good". is this the way to treat a jackass? if this really would have happened, security would have come running and tossing that asshole out in no time. hence, the level of stupidity in which fugazi handled violent idiots.

example 2: imagine you're a kid again and you go to the playground, and you see some game or a ride that a few kids are playing or are on that ride, and when you try to get to have fun like them, they decide to let you know that they don't like you trying to do what they do and that you should watch them do it instead, but if you feel like doing something that's not, it's ok. how would you feel?

i agree with that part about bands trying to organize a mosh pit, it's very retarded, they should try and get into it and see if they like to get kicked the shit out of them.

still, most slamdancing isn't stupid violent, that's just generalization.

Quote:
Minor Threat were great, but they have nothing on Fugazi. You bring up the comedy thing with Fugazi alot, but Minor Threat are far more comedic than Fugazi.

i think minor threat was more fun than fugazi, or perhaps more intentionally funny than fugazi. but come on! how can you not listen to their shows and not burst out laughing when they are trying to explain what "reclamation" is about, with ian literally saying "listen up" for like 30 times so people get quiet.

Quote:
Anyway, that's your opinion, and I'm fine with that. I just disagree with it.

i agree with this, furthermore, i'm not trying to change your mind, i'm just telling you my perception of things.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|