View Single Post
Old 01.14.2008, 11:20 PM   #67
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Ian didn't do any preaching at all when I saw the Evens. Alot of talking between songs about alot of different things, all their opinions, of course. After the gig when I was speaking with the man, he didn't try and preach then either, he was joking around the whole time having a fun time. This idea that the guys from Fugazi, Ian espeically, are militant guys who walk around frowning the whole time is a misconception and completely bogus.
If a band, any band, make comments about being straight edge (which Fugazi never did refer anything back to being 'straight edge') then that's their opinion, whether I agree with it or not. It's the same thing about bands that go on about getting drunk all the time, Motorhead being a prime example. I just finished White Line Fever and throughtout the whole book Lemmy is going on about drugs and booze, even making comments about people who don't choose that lifestyle. It's all just opinion, just drinking etc is considerred the 'norm' and is acceptable where is going against that, or merely doing exactly what you want to do as a person, is not as acceptible and is often seen as preaching. When really, there is no difference.

I have nothing against the 'no slamdancing' thing. I'm at a gig to see and listen to a band. I'm not there to get thrown and punched around by some dickheads who are more into 'acting up' then anything. By 'acting up' I mean the people being violent and causing shit for the sake of being ignorant fools. Because Fugazi never claimed everyone in the crowd has to stand still with their arms by their sides, they are just against violence. Which is a good thing. Whenever I see a band enticing a crowd to start a circle pit, I roll my eyes and wonder why the fuck they want to do such an idiotic thing.

Minor Threat were great, but they have nothing on Fugazi. You bring up the comedy thing with Fugazi alot, but Minor Threat are far more comedic than Fugazi.

Anyway, that's your opinion, and I'm fine with that. I just disagree with it.