View Single Post
Old 01.14.2008, 11:17 PM   #1
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
At first I thought these things were fun, kind of cool, you know, like hey, music I can identify. And then later, hours after seeing the movie, things started to seem weird.

1. Is there really any way a girl like Juno would be so into the Stooges? She's never heard of Sonic Youth, but she's into the Stooges. Right. And Patti Smith? Okay, I could see if she were a real rock nerd, but she's not. She's a precocious but rather ordinary girl who doesn't seem overly obsessed with collecting music or with music history. I don't know. It strikes me as wrong.

2. The creepy Dad (Jennifer Garner's husband)--He's into Sonic Youth and the Melvins but disses 77 punk? And gives Juno's interest in the Stooges virtually no credence? What the fuck is up with that?

I'm sure there's more weirdness I'll think of later, but this is what kind of creeps me out now.

What do you think?