View Single Post
Old 01.02.2008, 09:37 PM   #81
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
technically yr right.

you are a genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn Curtain
I'm not a Pistols fan but at least they paved the way for Joy Division, The Cure and other great British post-punk bands.

actually, that is the worst fucking part! It sucks that Nirvana did the same thing for all of the crappy post-grunge bands from Blink 182 up unto Fall Out Boy.... god it is terrible, and the ignorance of all these youth makes it even more sick. but they are incurable, but as Peter Tosh sang, "you can't blaim the youth when they go wrong... and you can't fool them"

once I was eating mushrooms with this dude across the street from me, and at the time he was dating this like 15 year old chick (we were 21) which aside from being creepy enough, he had 'fake' dreads and I had 'real' dreads, he was some dude, I was ras and he was not, and so around 4 something in the morning his young girlfriend says, I want to get dreads too, so he proceeds to get out a dog comb and some rubber bands, well I was a disgusted as an acoustic bluegrass purist at an eurotrash electronica festival, so I without much convincing, cut off all of this girls hair, and sit there watching him natt up her hair with a towel while smoking cigarettes until the sun came up... the next day she combed out all of the knots, but at the same time began to promote the "authentic" dread method so to speak, and within months all of these kids were running around looking like gutter punks with real natty dreads, but they knew NOTHING of ras or dread culture, and to boot, were checking and punking other kids who had "fake" dreads.... the whole thing was rather hilarious to myself, and so the point is, kids will always miss the point. only a few bright young souls will ever get it, but I suppose that is same with everyone, adults, elderly and my fellow Americans included...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|