View Single Post
Old 12.30.2007, 06:15 PM   #25
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
SuchFriends, Lydon told McClaren to go fuck himself and the band lasted for one fucking album, and it's "corporate?"

That's not to say that I don't get your meaning, well, I sort of get it.

sex pistols are corporate like black sabbath. they made their own records for music's sake, but the publicity and image is entirely different. the crucial difference is that black sabbath is a damn fine band that just wanted to play music, and the image and pr is just another aspect. now with punk, there is an entirely different cause, meaning and intention. it is at its most simple and universal mode anti-establishment, and anything even moderately established begins to loose its punk credibility. that being said, that is why I called the sex pistols corporate. maybe it was the young punk from highschool burried in this Tewahedo Rastaman that made me lash out... ahh I miss real pits...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|