View Single Post
Old 12.30.2007, 05:35 PM   #20
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
demonrail:
Talking Heads are wonderful. They surely do have a "punk attitude." Of course, they are usually thought of as New Wave or New Wave Punk, owing to the presence of Harrision on the synthesizer at times, Byrne's rather unorthodox songwriting content and vocals, and all the polyrhythms and funk elements. They eventually, as you know, became poppier.

LifeDistortion:
I'll never forget the time that Toilet & Bowels attempted a character assasination upon myself for merely posting the lyrics to Blondie's "Rapture" in one of the many, many threads about Sonic Youth's "Do You Believe in Rapture?" And all I was doing was bumping a long-forgotten-about thread with those song lyrics because I had just heard the Blondie song. He wished to peg me as "soft" or "corporate" and call me out for even mentioning Blondie, like it was some unpardonable act. I mean, he could have written, "you sure are bored, and by the way, I think Blondie suck," and that would have been fine, but instead, he made it into this whole thing about how I had no credibility at all. And he kept on & on with it to bump the thread because, I suppose, he wanted everyone to see him "exposing me" as an "unhip" Blondie fan.
Kim is a well-known Debbie Harry fan, and whatever, I like some of Blondie's early music. Oh well, what can you do? A certain amount of people are gonna be unmitigated dickheads; unfortunately, such is life.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|