View Single Post
Old 12.27.2007, 06:37 PM   #58
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
I think open relationships are how we're meant to be - free, no bounds etc and the likes. But it simply wouldn't work if we all did it. Imagine if the world all believed in open relationships? Imagine getting home from work or whatever and your neighbour casually strolling out of your bedroom from fucking your partner as they smile at you on the way out and ask how your day was?

Wouldn't work.
You're right, Norma J, it certainly would not work.

And that's just yet another reason why mutual adherence to Hassan e Sabbah's epitaph (& later, Crowley's nihilistic creedo) of "Do What Thou Wilt Shall Be The Whole of the Law" would drastically speed up the extinction of homo sapiens.

Darwin rather intrinsically and obviously informs us that a good portion of human nature is instinctual animal nature. And without civilization, this would quickly become all the more readily apparent.

Now I'm a person that accepts evolution as a fact and not a theory. To me, it's dense to insist that evolution is "just a theory" when it provides the underpinnings to every scientific field from Archaeology to Zoology. Similar in this aspect is that Relativity is no theory, but scientific fact beyond any doubt providing the basis for our modern understanding of the universe.

But I'm also a person that believes in God. By the way, so did Darwin and so did Einstein. Our universe originates with the Big Bang and the method by which life arose and adapts to the environment is by what we understand as biological evolution, that's all.

Unfortunately, too many people, some of them highly intelligent even, for whatever reason(s), fail to reconcile evolution or relativity with a belief in God. It's absolutely astounding to me and a source of great dismay that here we are in the twenty-first century, long after the revolutionary discoveries of Darwin and Einstein, and people are still so ridiculously foggy over all of this.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|