View Single Post
Old 12.24.2007, 02:10 PM   #40
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh shit, I've been quoted...no more reshuffling and editing for me!

Thanks for noticing. My list notes lots of different types of music and dares to go with some fairly unpopular choices. And while one of my all-time favorite performers, Paul McCartney, released a new album this year, the effort did not make the cut. Bryan Ferry's Dylanesque tribute is absent as well, but The I'm Not There soundtrack shot right up near the top. I haven't heard a considerable amount of the music on other best of lists, but I did eliminate over twenty titles to make it a top fifty. I passed over Blonde Redhead, Spoon, the V/A Joni Mitchell tribute, Mehldau and Metheny, Beastie Boys, Frog Eyes, Merzbow, the V/A Darfur thing, and The Hottest State soundtrack just to name a few.

I think I originally had The Weirdness at number seventeen or eighteen, but bumped it up, and damn what people think hehe! I really should have it even higher than fourteen the more I think about it. Despite some level of disappointment, the other half or so of the album is really good. "Passing Cloud" is particularly wonderful and one of my very favorite songs of this year. This candle's blown.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|