View Single Post
Old 12.23.2007, 04:43 PM   #52
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Do you think it's possible to have a relationship with someone who sees, say, 3 or 4 other people apart from yourself? The reason I'm asking is that I know this guy who claims to have 5 (!) different boyfriends. When he first told me I thought that he might have had some difficulties expressing what he meant by boyfriends, and he was thinking about shag-buddies, but it turns out that his situation is not exactly as simple as that.

Everytime I meet him while I'm out, one, two or more of his boyfriends can be there with him, generally trying to ignore each other or bickering due to jealousy. The person in question (he's an acquaintance of a friend of mine) isn't particularly attractive looking or wealthy, but he still manages to keep the boat floating, flaws and all.

Do you know anyone who put themselves through super-complicated realtionships similar to this?

I've had two girlfriends at the same time before, and it was basically because each filled a certain need the other couldn't (one I pretty much just had sex with, the other I never did get that far). Between the two it was like I had one complete girlfriend. They didn't know each other or run in the same circles at all, and both knew the other existed.

In the end it made sense to keep looking for one person who filled both roles better.

I've also knew a married couple in a specifically declared "open" relationship that seemed they had more rules to protect each other and everyone else involved than I could ever stand to live with myself.

This guy sounds different - he sounds as if he's using the jealousy of each guy to the other four to make himself look more valuable. He's turned himself into an E-bay auction, and at the root of it he's just a pet rock or an Alf alarm clock (to paraphrase Weird Al). He 'aint worth nothin' on his own.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|