Thread: how are you?
View Single Post
Old 12.10.2007, 08:11 PM   #58
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, there is. I have one stepbrother and two stepsisters who are both from my mother's previous marraige. A stepfather is listed as my dad on my birth certificate. So, even though I'm the only male with the last name, it's not my biological last name. I'm a bastard love child from 1968, born in September and probably conceived at or around New Year's Eve that year.* I was more-or-less disowned by my mother and stepfather the day before my twentieth birthday when I asked if my stepfather was my real father or not. My stepfather, a (now retired) Master Chief in the Navy Seabees, kicked me out "for upsetting my mother." I had been living at home off and on and just returned back to Georgia from an unsuccessful stint in Dallas, TX at the time. They live in Mississippi on the Gulf Coast now and that's where I mostly lived until the ninth grade. They returned back to the house they owned in MS from GA after I had gone away to Athens. I haven't had much contact since. And no support from them since I was twenty. I was seriously starting to feel fucked-up that I didn't know if they were still living or not, so I called a few months ago and they are still around.

*Just like the Diana Ross (& The Supremes) song which was released mere days after my birth:

Tenement slum
Ooh, ooh, ooh....aaaahhh

You think that I don't feel love
What I feel for you is real love
In other's eyes I see reflected
A hurt, scorned, rejected

Love child
Never meant to be
Love Child
Born in poverty
Love Child
Never meant to be
Love Child
Take a look at me

Started my life
In a old, cold, run-down tenament slum (tenement slum)
My father left he never even married mama
I shared the guilt my mama knew
So afraid that others knew I had no name

This love we're contemplatin'
Is worth the pain of waitin'
We'll only end up hatin'
The child we may be creatin'

Love Child
Never meant to be
Love Child
(Scorned by) Society
Love Child