Thread: Effects
View Single Post
Old 12.05.2007, 12:48 PM   #1109
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I have a DOD Death Metal and i like but i don't really use it in my "guitar rig setup" and i haven't tried the Boss Metal Zone for a comparison test. The DOD Death Metal pedal is a high gain distortion (VERY LOUD!) w/ scooped mids for that metal tone but it can be really noisey which is why its a standard or staple used in alot of "noise artists setups/rigs" i've read alot of positive things about it especially for the price and that in comparison to the Boss Metal Zone it is on par or even better (but i can't say that for myself).

I basically use my Death Metal pedal in my parallel "noise setup" outside my guitar effects chain. which is just a feedback loop that also includes a Danelectro Octave Distortion (French Toast?). i created a "looper/Y-box" from the shell of a broken Digitech PDS pedal that i gutted only using the 1 input jack and 2 output jacks (as to create a feedback loop one output goes to the first pedal input in my chain) its abit more complicated that just say a Y-adapter because i added 2 volume pots to control the volume (and frequency rolloff) of output 1 and output 2. so one output pot actually controls volume which is nice because often in these types of feedback loops the gain is much higher than normal gain on guitar, the other output pot manipulates the feedback frequency and volume providing a rich array of wild sounds and tones. I guess technically what i call the "looper/y box" is a glorified poor man's "stereo volume pedal". i guess if anyone is interested i can provide a schematic on this thing though i'm still trying to tweak it.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|