Thread: Krautrock
View Single Post
Old 11.26.2007, 10:11 AM   #25
jonathan
children of satan

jonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's assesjonathan kicks all y'all's asses
What I love about Krautrock is that no two bands sound exactly alike, unless they share members. While this rules, it's hard to recommend records that definte the Krautrock sound.

I think starting with Faust IV is probably wise. Can's first few albums and the Can DVD are also probably good places to start. Everyone always brings up Neu!, but I think that all of Neu's releases pale in comparison to Harmonia's first release Musick Von Harmonia; everything about Neu! is present in Harmonia excpet it's all done with synth's and it's just magic. Amon Duul II fucking rules hard; Yeti and Tanz Der Lemming are my favorite. I've always thought of Xhol Caravan as being waaay underrated; I would look into their album Electrip.

It's a fun genre, get into it.
jonathan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|