View Single Post
Old 11.13.2007, 12:02 PM   #2260
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
made a decent pickup at Bookman's, a used bookstore here in Tucson that sells books, mags, music, and videogames for dirt cheap. Wasnt even planning on buying anything but casually ended up getting:

Mashavishnu Orchestra-Birds of Fire
Blonde Redhead-In an Expression of the Inexpressible
Primal Scream-Screamadelica
PJ Harvey-Rid of Me
Spiritualized-Ladies and Gentleman we are Floating in Outerspace

and some books:
House of Leaves by: Mark Z. Danielewski
Joe College by: John Perotta
The Story of Junk by: Linda Yablonsky

best part of all of this, 30 dollars for EVERYTHING. Fuckin stupid record stores wonder why theyre going broke when theres excellent stores like Bookman's that has great service, great selection, amazing prices, and caters to people who still appreciate the medium that art is given to you by as oppose to the internet, basically people like us.

Anyways, its funny im not really a big fan of any of these bands with the exception of PJ. With that said, I got the Spiritualized one cause i got the one he made that came after this and I love Spacemen 3, i mean i really really like the spacemen, when I was gettin loaded all the time Id listen to Perfect Prescritption over and over, but unfortunately, the music that Jason and Peter have made with eachother is just as pretentious as their stuff with Spacemen, but not nearly as beautiful and amazing AND pretentious, and I dont really like this Spiritualized. The one alblum I bought that I think is fuckin amazing is the Mashavishnu, they sound so fuckin amazing. Traditional jazz with some p-funk and even maybe a little (gulp) progressive rock (but I unlike most appreciate a little progressive every now and then). John Mclaughlin in my opinion ranks up there in the god like status with others like Hendrix.

I havnt read any of the books yet cause Im saving them for the tedious flights to Boston to go home for the holiday and then back to Tucson.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|