View Single Post
Old 11.04.2007, 04:23 PM   #97
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I fucking love Nirvana. I don't listen to them that often but they're a band that never tires, for me. Usually the huge success of a band irritates me, but they're one band that I think the success is warranted. They just have something - Kurt was just a great songwriter - he sub-conciously knew the formula. On one of them CSI or whatever American Hollywood crime shows, it was about the 90s, so they played Nevermind basically the whole way through it, and it made me think "Fuck, this album is one in a kind", kinda spooky actually.

As for Kurt himself, from my knowledge of the man, he was far from moronic. He was actually quite an intelligent guy, especially considering his environment and surroundings. He was very creative. I've read his journals and such, a bunch of bios etc, and I've never heard this turtle accusation? The statement seems quite obsurd, too, considering the gentle nature of the guy.