Thread: Nick Cave
View Single Post
Old 10.25.2007, 08:06 PM   #13
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Grinderman/Nick on the weekend. It was fantastic. It was in Sydney, two hours or so from my hometown, and I walked past him a few times on the street in awe, wanting to say something, but also not wanting to bother him. I chose the latter. He is one fucking cool, dude, though. Coat over his shoulder, his elegant - charismatic walk, decked out in an expensive suit. Even in Newtown he got looks. Grinderman was great, mesmerising. I gathered when it said "solo" that Nick was going to be on the piano, obviously solo, but the rest of the guys from Grinderman came out and played a set of Bad Seeds songs. Which was different, had a fairly different take on the song, very stripped back. It was a great night and weekend.