View Single Post
Old 10.07.2007, 09:00 PM   #15
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
As far as that thread goes, yes. I very much doubt a small independent label would be willing or have the resources to sue someone for downloading a OOP edition of 100 (or 1,000 or 10,000) record. Very little of what's posted on there comes from corporate monster labels, and even if it is it probably isn't likely to see the light of day again and no one will ever give a rat's posterior.
I think people should definitely respect the owner of the work's wishes if they don't want it shared, though.

If only that were completely true. The problem is, the RIAA "represents" many, many artists, and not too few labels even, who aren't asking for their "help". What they are looking at is the activity as traceable from cow towing ISPs much more than the content. I suspect that, yes, they are most interested in pursuing people with a hard-drive full of Britney and Eminem open for others to share than they are the obscure stuff, but don't count on them keeping that close of track. They seem to be web-crawling at random overall.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|