View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 07:46 PM   #111
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
so you are claiming that stockhausen and shostakovic are NOISE? come on. Even John Cage or Rhys Chatham or Branca are not NOISE as you have been defining it.

ok, let's say it's not (which it was for it's time, not branca or chatham); but robert ashley? iannis xenakis? they did stuff that's harsh even today. it's been around since at the very least, the 60's.

even if you start counting with non, throbbing gristle, etc. it's been around for at least 30-odd years.

it's not a fad.

ps: i live in the city too, and i love being surrounded by city noises and i love listening to noises that are way more intense than everyday noise.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|