View Single Post
Old 09.26.2007, 11:20 AM   #12
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I've always loved the idea of people creating instruments. A reason I love Harry Partch so much (amongst other things).

As drum sets are ridiculously expensive and most bands usually just use similiar setups anyway (where's the fucking cowbell?), it's nice and inspirng to see people beating on things that aren't the norm.. I mean, if you think about it, you can bang on ANYTHING and make a sound, so it's odd that this hasn't been explored much outside of noise kids. Also, I'd reccomend beating on a VCR casing.

I said this on another thread, but I'm slowly (as in, I have all the equipment but I just haven't done it yet) building an acoustic guitar with a broken neck (so no matter what you play, it sounds like it's going really out of tune if you move just a little bit), fitted with 6 banjo strings and 6 bass strings all in the same tuning peg, with a catball contact mic (yes, a contact mic inside of a catball) inside the acoustic guitar hole and guitar pickups at the top of the neck.. so the guitar will be played out of two amps at the same time for two very different sounds.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|