Thread: World Music
View Single Post
Old 09.12.2007, 04:42 AM   #261
sarramkrop

http://www.radiodiffusion.net/7.html

<p>

Love You Lonely

Anyone who has picked up a copy of either the Cambodia Rocks or Thai Beat A Go Go series (as well as the recently released Thai Pop Spectacular) knows that South East Asia had a really impressive music scene back in the late Sixties and into the Seventies. And for those of us who have really dug in deep, are also aware of the amazing records from Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia and even Vietnam...

But there are a few countries that I never see records from, much less find... Laos was one of them. The surrounding countries of Cambodia, Thailand and Vietnam all had vibrant music scenes... Why not Laos?

Well, it might have had something to do with all those bombs the U. S. Armed Forces were dropping on their country (more than all of the bombs dropped during World War II), and the North Vietnamese Army invading from next door.

When I found this record, I thought it was most likely from Thailand, but I was not entirely sure... So I scanned it in, and e-mailed it to my friend Wanchai ‘Guy’ Udayachalerm. He e-mailed me back and told me that it was not in Thai, but in Lao and that the only thing he could make out was “Made in Laos”.

The only information I have is what a previous owner wrote on the back of the record. So, I am not 100% positive that the artist’s name is Chanthara Outansakda.

If you have any information, please contact me.

Enjoy.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|