View Single Post
Old 08.17.2007, 12:12 PM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The only thing that ever bothers me about younger music fans (I am almost 34 years old) is their general failure to notice or care about where the music they love comes from. They , and I lump myself when I was 16-23 into this, have a hard time hearing something and assimilating it into the overall continuum of music and musacl exploration and innovation. This is not due to stupidity but purely due to lack of exposure to older music.

most music fans I know that really like MUSIC as opposed to specific bands or scenes, see this in themselves and get curious as to why people refer to an older band when talking about a new band, or why bands that sound a certain way name-drop the same older bands. This starts a musical exploration which is very fulfilling, and never ending.

this all can be said about anything YOUTH CULTURE. Youth culture thinks everything that is a part of it is brand new, never before seen, never befor heard, and all important!