View Single Post
Old 05.09.2006, 04:08 AM   #4
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
...by the way, you're nearly at 1000 posts man!

Yeah, I know. I was going to do a poll or something to mark the occaision, but I may as well spend my 1000th post ruminating on the news...

It's a shame from the point of view that this line-up had really gelled well; they've ben writing great songs and performing really well live too. Spencer and Ben in particular are very well regarded by the fans and seemed to have found real niches within the set-up. They seemed to have a good relationshiop with MES too - not always easy.

But Fallgrupppe are not a band in the usual sense, are they? 30 years and about 50 line-up changes due to walk-outs, fights, sackings etc. It's all a part of The Fall (and of The Fall Experience), you can't be a fan witout getting used o it.

For whatever reason (opinions are divided between MES is insecure, is searching for the perfect line-up, is a bit of a c***, is out-of-control, is a temperamental genius, and more) MES fells the need to control the group ion this way and take strong action now and again. It's well-known now, it's a vital part of his and the group's public persona, so anyone joining the band or becoming fan is well aware of the situation.

The Fall are one of the very few truly unique bands that have existed, and it's all apart of what makes them so damned fascinating.

Soon, they'll either be back in the group, or there'll be anew line-up. Either way they'll still be The Fall.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|