View Single Post
Old 07.05.2007, 04:34 AM   #13
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
In short, back on topic, leaking has become part of the businness. Couldn't labels just don't give away promos before the actual release date? I mean, ok, is nice to read a review of a record the same month/ the month before an album is released, so you' ll read something about it before spending money, but since promo copies and stuff are the things that, most of the times, "spawn" the leaked files, what are the chances that people will actually base their decision on the review read/the single aired on radio rather than on the leaked files floating around the net? I think labels (especially for non-mass market products) should think about a different kind of promotion...don't ask me what should they do, coz I know nuthin' bout the music market's insides, but I think you'll all agree that the situation is pretty twisted.

HA HA , that's not "on topic". OK.
COLLECTIVE EXPERIENCE = NO WAY NOWADAYS (except for live gigs, I feel a sort of stronger "connection" between people on the board for this last tour, both for the ddn dates and the non ddn ones)

but that's not leaked music's fault. IT's just that people who listen to the leaked files will talk about a record when they download it, and people who will wait will talk about it later. I expect several "trees outside the academy" trheads in september, and my pleasure won't be ruined at all.

ha ha.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|